Donald Engineering: Your Strategic Partner in Machine Safety
As experts in Total Machine Safety, we understand the real cost of workplace injury. We have the solutions you need to eliminate known hard costs including fines, downtime, reduced productivity, lost wages and medical expenses as well as unknown soft costs including up-time, liability insurance, workers compensation, general liability exposures, talent attraction, and employee retention.
Partnering with Donald Engineering will bring you job-specific best-practice solutions that meet or exceed industry standards and minimum OSHA requirements. Our comprehensive understanding of risk assessment, risk mitigation, and ISO standards allows us to confidently incorporate superior safety measures into all of our solutions. From simple machine guarding to control reliable components, we offer over 200 years of combined industry experience with OEMs, integrators, and end-user applications. Rest easy knowing your employees and equipment are safe and secure with Donald Engineering.
We incorporate the following tools to equip you with comprehensive machine safety solutions:
- Electrical: sensors, switches, light curtain, controllers, STO (safe torque off) linear drives
- Mechanical: rod locks, safety catchers
- Pneumatic: energy isolation and dump valves, failure to known state valves (cylinder return to home) and control reliable cylinder stop
- Hydraulic: energy isolation
We take pride in ensuring maximum uptime, lower cost of ownership, and ultimate safety for our customers, their employees, and their equipment. We’ve hand-selected vendor partners who share our values and hold themselves to the highest standards.
Ross Controls RSe Series: Safe Return
Designed for external monitoring for safe, redundant operation.
- 5/2 valve safe return home
- 5/2 valve for dual pressure, duplicating the concept of reduced torque in an electric motor application
- Rapid response for minimum actuating time
- Position sensors for valve fault monitoring – external monitoring device required
- Well-proven spool valve design for reliable, smooth function
- Able to run at lower pressure when utilizing the remote pilot port
- Base-mounting design
The 5/2 valve offers a great safety solution for dual pressure, duplicating the concept of reduced torque in an electric motor application. Make sure your machines and workers are in safe operating conditions at all times with the RSe Valve.
Ross Controls RSe Series: Pressure Select
The 5/2 RSe Series valve can be utilized for Safe Pressure Select Applications in order to safely control the pressure applied to a machine operation, such that a specified pressure is the default pressure and only when an appropriate signal is given supplies, a different pressure output. The default pressure would be used whenever safe operator access is required for production-related tasks and/or when a fault in the safety valve occurs.