Custom Crush Press
Our automotive customer was in need of a new solution to test parts and study how they behaved while being crushed in various ways. Donald Engineering helped to create a custom solution with a variety of components and vendor-partner resources. The Crush Test application is a hydraulic press that allows a piece, of substantial and unique size, to fit in between a plate and a hydraulic cylinder press. Load cells, position transducers, and multiple cameras are used to capture forces and locations, revealing part material fluctuations and failures points.
- Pressure capabilities up to 113 tons
- Multi-camera video with displacement and force displayed in the video file for use in R & D.
- Custom output data reports giving total energy absorbed by part during the crush, average forces, fault parameters if crush force is higher or lower than target.
- Auto logging of reports to customer’s cloud
- Operator interface (integrated with customer’s electrical and IT departments) includes operator badge reader and requires part sample details entered in by operator.
- Fully guarded and interlocked
is bringing custom high-tech, high-precision, and greater accountability capabilities to our customer's hands. The Crush Press was created with key components from Continental Hydraulics
, Delta Motion Control
, and Milwaukee Cylinder
- all trusted vendor-partners of Donald Engineering.
DE Custom Solutions: Pick-n-Place for Aluminum Extrusion
Donald Engineering's applications team delivered quick solutions with this Pick-n-Place for Aluminum Extrusion featuring:
- SCHUNK Delta HSB Belt drive unit
- Donald Engineering custom motor mount
- 10:1 Gearbox
- Servo drive with brake
- SCHUNK Valve Block with
- 4 - independent 3-way N.C. output pneumatic signal
- 4 – independent input for switches
- 1 – common connector for I/O out to machine
- 1 – 1/4" common pneumatic connection
- 2- SCHUNK PSH22-2 Grippers
- All extrusion machining and adapters made in-house at Donald Engineering
By creating this application that piece-feeds the cobot, our customer was able to take 12 seconds off cycle time
! We were also able to provide delivery within 2 weeks
from concept by using standard stock items and having in-house customizing capabilities!
DE Custom Filter Carts
When customers are in need of a custom filter cart, Donald Engineering delivers with solutions tailored to their exact needs and specifications. Our custom filter carts help to lower our customer's total cost of ownership by mitigating contamination of their hydraulic systems and equipment.
As trusted experts in Machine Safety, Donald Engineering regularly works to provide custom machine guarding solutions for our customers. After carefully analyzing your unique application, we'll deliver a tailor-made system that ensures maximum safety for your employees and your equipment.
Donald Engineering regularly designs and builds custom manifolds for our customers' unique hydraulic and pneumatic systems. Pairing our expertise with the best components on the market, we'll design and develop a specialized solution for your unique application.
DE Custom Vacuum Pump
To equip customers with high-quality vacuum pump systems, Donald Engineering regularly produces custom-built units that are both mobile and suited for use in a wide variety of applications. This particular pump can plug into 110 vac or 220 vac and was built with an onboard filter and vacuum gauge.